Sunday, December 9, 2012

Santa Moon Christmas Card

In 1993 I designed the “Santa Moon” Christmas card.  This card was different from the previous two cards for several reasons.  This was my first two-color offset printed card.  I used a Letraset half-tone screen pattern off the red color to create the flesh tone of Santa’s face.  The five-pointed star areas were left blank so I could fill them with metallic gold stars.  The gold stars were created using a rubber stamp and metallic gold stamping ink.  This card differed from the previous two also because it was printed on bright white card stock. 

Because I love rubber stamps, I also had a stamp created with just the Santa Moon.  To this day, it is one of my favorite rubber stamps.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and respect others feelings when making a comment, thank you.