Sunday, December 2, 2012

Classic Poinsettia Christmas Card

I’m working on several erotic pieces, but unfortunately, they are not finished.  So, in the Spirit of the Season, I’d like to share some of my other work. 

For as long as I can remember, I’ve always created greeting cards for my parents.  I used to draw birthday cards, Anniversary cards and Christmas cards for them.  I’ve always loved creating Christmas cards.  They were my favorite. 

At several points in my career, I applied to Hallmark Cards.  Each application got me closer to obtaining an interview, but since the third time was not a charm, it became Hallmark’s loss, not mine.  Yeah, I was upset and very disappointed, but that was several lives ago, so to speak.

In an effort to turn lemons into lemonade, I worked through my disappointment from Hallmark’s repeated rejections and did my best not to become too discouraged.  After all, there will always be folks who love your work and those who don’t.  So, I’ve learned to surround myself with people who support and encourage me.  I try to be my best advocate by believing in myself and my work.

In 1991, I had my first Christmas card printed.  I designed and painted the card, created the mechanical and delivered it to the printer.  It was a simple one color poinsettia design which was offset printed in a bright garnet red on ivory card stock.  The design of the poinsettia was based on square Victorian panel decorations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and respect others feelings when making a comment, thank you.