Thursday, October 6, 2011

Deforestation

Originally painted in 1991, what you’re seeing now is a bit of a hybrid.  The black line work and background texture was painted twenty years ago, using India ink and brushes.  And although it was colored similarly back then, the color you see in this version has been applied using Photoshop.  The original colors were painted in gouache. 

This “Nagelesque” style is firmly taking hold, as seen in “Princess”, “Tex” and “Nagel Boy”.  My artwork has always been stylized and graphic.  But after seeing Patrick Nagel’s work, my commitment to this style, which I have often referred to as “high tech coloring book”, is unwavering. 

I have been presenting my work somewhat chronologically, indicating something of a progression.  Hopefully, this progression shows some level of improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and respect others feelings when making a comment, thank you.