Saturday, November 12, 2011

Vested

“Vested” is also a hybrid design.  All the black line work was completed in the mid 1990’s using India ink and a fine triple zero Sable hair paint brush.  The black and white artwork was scanned and the color was added recently using Adobe Photoshop.  Not all the artwork generated from that session with the model was taken past the black line work stage.  As I said, “Vested” was black and white until recently, but I always knew I wanted the vest to resemble the American flag with rainbow stripes.  I actually like the creativity behind the modification of the American flag into becoming the gay American flag.  It’s creative and I guess this is my homage to the person who originally came up with that idea. 
The next several artwork posts will be the results of my photographs from the session with the model.  All the photos came out great; however, all the poses were not that good.  The model did a great job and so did the camera.  And at the time of the photo session, the poses seemed “cool” and “very interesting”.  Well, they were a little too interesting; as I felt I could only use a handful of the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be courteous and respect others feelings when making a comment, thank you.